Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jilly's Cupcakery

After a day at the ballfield where it seemed more like summer than spring, we headed for the pizza place.  I recently heard about Jilly's Cupcakery off of Windward/Hwy 9 in Alpharetta and thought today was the perfect day to take the kids over for dessert and check it out.


Jilly's 1 FB
(pictured above:  Birthday Cake (partially demolished) and a limited edition Irish cupcake (available for special order) that was amazing: Chocolate Guinness Cake with an Irish cream frosting and Chocolate ganache drizzle- yum!)

Now some people's resolutions may have been to get more exercise.  For a die-hard sweet tooth after my first visit to Jilly's, mine is to try every last one (and additional incentive to exercise)!  Cupcakes are so great- it's perfect portion control (if 3 inches of frosting is a portion ;).  You lose some of the guilt of indulging.. and indulgence it is!  
IMG_5713b FB


Ultimate chocolate:
IMG_5715b fb


I am still hoping my son will learn to get food in his mouth, but I think the problem is he's in such a hurry when scarfing treats! :)  There were even more crumbs from his Cookies and Cream cupcake on the floor than on his pants- he's a chocoholic as I am, so I was surprised he let anything miss his mouth!
IMG_5701b FB

My daughter loved her Birthday Cake cupcake (or mainly the frosting! :)
IMG_5717b FB

IMG_5718b FB

What's great too is that anything that is not sold by the end of the day is donated to a local food charity. Check out their website for all the delicious descriptions of what's available and join me in my resolution to try them all! http://www.jillyscupcakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment